10 September 2008

Michigan!

So I know I said I'd tell more about my wonderful time back home in Michigan, and now it's over a month later and I haven't said much at all! Time flies... But I still want to fill you in!

One of the things I got to do was have a family picnic with Matt's siblings and numerous neices and nephews at the beach. We swam in Lake Huron and ate yummy Michigan hot dogs (I'm partial to a brand there... it's the only kind I'll eat!). The lake was actually quite warm, which was awesome. This is my favorite snapshot from that day--our adorable nephew, Nathaniel:


Isn't he CUTE!? :)

I also got to spend some time with my Mom's dad's side of the family. My mom and I headed up to Mt. Pleasant for a family reunion. It was on my great-uncle Frank's farm. We did a tractor ride all through the fields, watched Uncle Frank try out the pop-pop boat he made, ate lots of good food, and just had a great time laughing together. I love family!

Here's Uncle Frank and me:



This is my great-aunt Florence. She's in her late nineties and is such a godly, wonderful example.


Uncle Frank and Dan (his son) with their pop-pop boats. Uncle Frank made is by hand with mahogany wood. He's so handy--he makes all sorts of strange inventions and toys all the time!



Mom and Grandma getting ready for the tractor ride:



Gotta love those suspenders! My family roots are SOOO country!



And last but not least, me and my cousin Katie. She's like a sister to me and I love getting to see her!



I love family so much! I was so blessed to be able to spend so much time back home.

Keep an eye out for my next post. I'll have more pics of Corey and her family to share!

No comments: