12 April 2010

First things first!

Happy April!

Yep, time sure has flown by since I last appeared here! I'm back from my trip to Italy (pictures soon, I promise!), and digging into the business. Since I've moved, I'm reassessing everything, fine tuning my business plan, updating things, and getting the ball rolling here. Whew! It's tiring! But I'm loving it. I'm so excited about what is in store here at my new home! I have high hopes for my photography. I'm so glad I'm finally somewhere I can put roots down, and thus focus on building the business. I can't wait to share all my new ideas and adventures!

But FIRST... You know the concept of "the cobbler's children have no shoes," right? Well, in my case, it's "the photographer and her husband have no wedding album." Eek! We've been married for three and a half wonderful years now, and I'm finally going to order our album this week! I determined that I absolutely had to get this done before I get consumed with everything else. I'll be sure to post pics of the album when it comes in so you can see how beautiful Zookbinder Zookbooks are! I absolutely looooove albums, and I'm hoping to rub some of that excitement off on you, because I know that if you get one from your portrait session or wedding or such you will looooove it too!

In the meantime, check out our wedding album design below (or click the link for a bigger version since this one will be teensy!). The majority of the photography was done by Jody Ross Photography. Some reception pictures and such were also done by my friend, Jeremy Bricker, and others. And the design was done by me!* Oh, and you'll notice lots of words--they're the words from the ceremony, as well as the super sweet toasts Matt's brothers gave. It was all so important to me I just couldn't leave them out!



* Tiny disclaimer: The design is just a tad more old school than I would usually do, but I had to adapt to the photography style the pictures were taken in (as well as the size of the files). Can't wait to show you what my designs are like with my own images!

1 comment:

Meg said...

Hooray, I'm so glad you finally have your wedding book done. There were a few pictures in there that I didn't remember seeing. The book looks so beautiful! I love scrapbooking, but I may have to get one of those books someday. Maybe I'll do one for our blog.
I can't wait to see all the pictures from Italy, what fun!