23 March 2009

Quick trip

I just got back from a wonderful whirlwind weekend in Michigan! It was jam-packed with lots of people and fun. I got there after midnight on Friday since I had to work 'til 5. I got up super early Saturday to run over to my friend Corey's house for a short short visit (I'll steal a chance to see her any time I can!). I got to see her son Aedan for a few minutes too (hubby Jer was still sleeping--sorry I missed you!). He's growing up! He'll be three in a day or two, I think... Corey and Jer are expecting a second baby soon! I'm excited!

Then I ran back to my parent's to have breakfast with them before Matt and I headed over to his sister, Teresa's, where Matt's three sisters were gathered with some of the kids and hubbies. We had lots of fun talking and watching the kids play games. We were there a few hours, then headed to the riverfront where my uncle, aunt, and cousin were hanging out with my parents. They made the trip to see us since they're a few hours past our hometown! It was awesome to see them.

We discovered that Aunt Sandy and my mom have the same coat!

Katie and I by the bridge:

Having some fun with Katie and the camera:

Then we headed back to my parent's to hang out for the night. We played Charades and had a blast! We always laugh so much when we're together!

Katie and I again :) :

Sunday, we got up super early again and drove to Matt's brother, Rob's, to meet our newest nephew, Jeremiah! Congrats, Rob and Jacquie, on your third wonderful little boy!

Of course I had to get lots of pictures of photogenic Nathaniel. He's so smiley! Still as cute as a button.

Then we headed over to my grandparents to celebrate Grandpa's 89th birthday!

After that, we made the drive back to Kentucky, stopping in Dayton to see Megan & Andy before they move to Colorado. We'll defintiely miss you two!

It was a jam-packed weekend! I'm so grateful that we were able to see so many people. It's always so hard to say goodbye every time, but I'm glad we have the opportunity to make trips as often as we can!

1 comment:

Meg said...

glad you had such a great weekend. I always love seeing all the pictures:) We'll miss you too!